We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. Thispolicy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters andnumbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by thebrowser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browserrequests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify andtrack the web browser.
We may use both "session" cookies and "persistent"cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer whenyou close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computeruntil deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigatethe website; keep track of items in your shopping basket; prevent fraud andincrease website security. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable ourwebsite to recognise you when you visit; keep track of your preferences inrelation to your use of our website.
Our advertisers / payment services providers may also send you cookies.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allowyou to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer(version 9) you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools","Internet options", "Privacy", and selecting "BlockAll Cookies" using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will,however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, includingthis one.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (and you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- keep the website secure and prevent fraud;
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service)
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, wewill publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licenseyou grant to us.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of yourinformation on the website. You can adjust your privacy settings by going intoyour browsers settings.
We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal informationto any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries. Which do nothave data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European EconomicArea.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on thewebsite will be published on the internet and may be available, via theinternet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of suchinformation by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to preventthe loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure(password- and firewall-protected) servers.
All electronic transactions entered into via the website will be protectedby encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet isinherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over theinternet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and other login detailsconfidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in tothe website).
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we holdabout you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (currently fixed at USD 10); and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketingpurposes, by sending an email to us. In practice, you will usually eitherexpressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information formarketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out ofthe use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for theprivacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needsto be corrected or updated.